? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The REAL Labor Day.....

Just for fun, I'm playing along with my friend Jennifer Liane Hunt.....

How long were your labors?

Kid #1: Watched the episode of Bold and the Beautiful, ate a PB&J and then a WHOOOOOSH sound - yep, my water broke. To this day, I still believe that Jim finished his enchiladas and margarita at Ojedas in downtown Dallas. It took him FOREVER to come get me in Sachse to head to Big Baylor. The entire staff at Mom's office listened on speaker phone until Jim arrived. Thank you Environmental Protection Agency - you timed my contractions perfectly!!!! However, Maddie had Jim's shoulders and head, so after 12 hours of labor, and 2 hours of pushing, she was delivered by C-section at 2:11 in the morning (ironically, my b-day is February 11th!)

Kid #2: Planned C-section, no labor - full make-up and hair until the guy with the epidural came in and freaked me out....so much for good pictures....

Where did you deliver?

Baylor Dallas (not my favorite)
Medical City Dallas (this hospital rocks!)

Who delivered?
Dr. Charles Brodsky (performed my emergency c-section in the middle of the night!)
Dr. Michelle Heintges (awesome and played some rockin' music during my c-section!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

GREAT stories, and so "Diana"! (love the epidural freak-out. I can just imagine your face!

Sounds like Maddie and Meghan made similar entrances. Two hours of pushing and then subsequent major abdominal surgery in the middle of the night is CRAZY!

Be sure to head over to Rocks In My Dryer and link your post!

Diana said...

You know - the epidural is kinda freaky when you are not in labor, I mean that NEEDLE.....YIKES!