? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

We made our annual trek to Cedar Hill for the Breakfast with Santa event at the home of our dear friends. It is always so much fun, tons of great breakfast foods, Santa coming thru the woods to see the children; then, calling each child by name as they eagerly wait their special gift picked out by mom (ahem, I mean Santa). Afterwards, Santa takes the kids on a hay ride through the neighborhood. It is such a wonderful time and we have been going there since Maddie was an infant.

We have been there when our girls hated Santa. Later, they thought he was cool but they took their gifts and ran like Forest Gump. This was Maci's year to embrace Santa for a change - one of Maddie's last years to "believe" I think....the pictures of this day were wonderful. You know, one of those "Mom" days when all stars are in alignment and you get all the "best" shots....

WELL, GET OVER IT.....my memory stick corrupted on me and I lost ALL my pictures!!!! Unfortunately, I lost Maddie's class party and pictures dating back to October because my computer was down and I had not downloaded anything in forever. In fact, I lost many pictures on my laptop from a hard drive crash that I was still grieving....and then, THIS!!!! ARGHHH!!

I guess what gives me peace about this situation, is that the family's house we went to, well, their home burned to the ground a few years back. This is only the 2nd year in their new home. Can you even imagine all the things they must have lost - baby albums, family heirlooms, pictures, video, etc...things that no amount of money will ever be able to replace. So, I guess memories from the last few months...I can deal with that.....

Merry Christmas everyone.....

1 comments:

Breenette said...

Oh my gosh Diana! I am so sorry to hear that! What a devastating loss! I admire than you can look at your friends loss from a few years ago and even in your grief - feel for her and her family's loss.
You are a good friend ... miss ya girl.